Powered by Blogger.

Happy Place

|| || || Leave a comments
The first time I went to New York was with my father when I was in high school.  We stayed at the Waldorf and ate pizza at the top of the World Trade Center.  I liked it.  

The next time I stepped foot in Manhattan was to live there for 4 months in college as an intern with a PR company.  There were 7 of us and indulged in everything NYC had to offer.  I have so many good memories of that time including turning 21.  I left LOVING the city.

Since then I try to get back whenever I can.  My Dad and I like to go there together; I wanted "New York, New York" to be our Father/Daughter dance song at my wedding.  

In addition to going with him, a new tradition started 4 years ago.  A group of four of us go every year at Christmas (well, last year we opted for Fashion Week instead). I can't tell you how much  I love this tradition.  Being with really good friends in a city I love is rejuvenating and just what the doctor ordered this time of year.  New York is one of my happy places.
However, now it is back to work!  I try to take two weeks off at Christmas every year to hang out with Henry and recharge so this week is going to be a doozy.  If I am not back on here I hope the week treats you well and I will be back soon!

/[ 0 comments Untuk Artikel Happy Place]\

Post a Comment