Powered by Blogger.

Support Suan Ohanian on White House Petition

|| || || Leave a comments
Please don't send me 'excuses.' I've heard them already--from union officers who tell me they have other fish to fry, teachers who insist putting initials on a petition will cost them their jobs, etc. etc.  .. Susan Ohanian
I hate petitions and think they do little good. But when Susan Ohanian speaks I listen. Here is the link:
http://wh.gov/lV7q7


White House Petition

Although I have strong reservations about petitions, I launched a petition to the White House, hoping to draw attention of the public and the press to the fact that massive standardized testing is Presidential policy. I hope you will read the petition, sign it, and promote it.

The rules are that a petition must garner 100,000 signatures in 30 days to get White House 'attention.' Sad to say, after 5 days, we have only 1,326 signatures. With 3.5 million public school teachers, not to mention concerned parents, my disappointment is dissolving into rage. Please don't send me 'excuses.' I've heard them already--from union officers who tell me they have other fish to fry, teachers who insist putting initials on a petition will cost them their jobs, etc. etc.

I'm keeping a tally state by state. Here are those with most signers:
New York: 168
California: 121
Michigan: 58
Illinois: 52
Connecticut: 48
Washington: 44
Indiana: 46
Massachusetts: 41
New Jersey: 31

And least.
Delaware: 2
Montana: 2
Wyoming: 2
North Dakota: 1

Here's the petition:
http://wh.gov/lV7q7
/[ 0 comments Untuk Artikel Support Suan Ohanian on White House Petition]\

Post a Comment